I was looking back the other day to see how far Dentalelle Tutoring has come, and let me say..pretty far! My name is Andrea Twarowski - I am the owner, founder, and person behind the scenes of all things Dentalelle. I have been tutoring Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting Students for 12 years now (in 2016). I first started tutoring in person in a food court (haha yup!) or at students' homes. That didn't last too long when I realized I could tutor online to reach more people more often.
This web site has gone through some updates, face-lifts and so many new courses! The Board Exam Prep Course was first and recently I have updated to mock exam packages (so popular!), case studies and most recently The Blueprint Solution that is specific to those who have taken the board exam before and want a more specific online training on the groups/categories they need improvement in.
Why do I tutor?
I was a student once too and I remember those hard days. I remember crying on a daily basis either because I felt so overwhelmed with studying, or having a bad day at clinic. Remember when your patient didn't show up and you almost failed? Ya that was me way too often.
After all that - I wanted and needed to study for the board exam! I would have LOVED a tutor to guide me, and courses to take for a set schedule. I wanted to learn from someone who had taken the board exam before and a teacher to guide me on how and what to study. I had nobody. No course or web site existed. Towards the end of my studying someone told me about a web site that offered tutoring help but for $400 at the time, courses on Monday nights (I was in clinic until 6pm) and no one-on-one support I wasn't interested in spending my money anyway.
I tutor to help students pass the board exam, plain and simple. With a 99.3% success rate I know my stuff :). Tutoring is available on weekends so school or work hopefully doesn't have to be missed. Also - all live sessions are recorded so you may watch them as often or whenever you like.
How is Dentalelle different?
I am literally here for you 24/7. Email me anytime and all the time and I am a step away. I will always offer my support and help you in any way I can. My goal and mission is to help you pass the board exam! For those of you who have taken the board exam before but unfortunately have been unsuccessful, look into my Blueprint Solution training. It is a less expensive option to the Board Exam Prep Course but it also gives you a clear direction on what and how to study with videos, materials and worksheets.
The Board Exam Prep Course is available for dental hygiene students and a separate one for dental assisting students. The new change here is that this course has twice a month live sessions with me, all year! Now you can login and view all videos, worksheets, mock exams, and case studies immediately for easy self study. Videos used to be uploaded weekly and live sessions every 3 months but I feel this new self study option will benefit more students and more live sessions with me is always a benefit right?! :). You can learn more here:
I strongly believe that tutoring is an investment. A lot of students have said in the past - "I can't afford it right now" and I understand that BUT...if you DON'T invest in tutoring look at what could happen (and it costs you more in the long run):
If you DON'T get a tutor:
1. You may fail the exam and have to pay AGAIN for another exam
2. You will feel overwhelmed with how much you have to study
3. Without a clear direction on what to study, you may spend hours studying the wrong thing
4. Without a study schedule designed for you, you may spend too many hours studying and not retain all the information you need
5. If you fail the exam you will wonder why you didn't invest in a tutor in the first place :(
If you invest in a tutor:
1. You are investing in your future! You will become a dental assistant or hygienist sooner rather than later
2. You will feel much better and less stress with a set study schedule designed for you
3. Another confidence booster knowing you are doing everything you can to pass the exam
4. You can ask as many questions as you like and I will help you - unlimited support :)
5. You can network with other students who are going through the same thing you are!
6. Live sessions online (with the Board Exam Prep Course), you can study from your home or lap top anywhere you like. No travel required.
7. AND MORE...:)
I get so many amazing emails from students thanking me after they pass the exam. I also keep in touch with many of them to see how they're doing! My past students email me and check in years after and share their stories and photos working in an office. Tutoring is the best investment you can make and with 12 years experience and a 99.3% success rate helping students pass the exam, I can help you!
Email me with any questions or simply to say hello!
Most popular package of 2015? Our case studies package!
Study for the DANB!